Sunday, January 27, 2013

Module 4


 

 

How has your network changed the way you learn?

 

Technology has changed a lot and the advantages are at a high rate of speed. Technology provides many diverse tools that we can now use to learn new information. During the past, we had to depend on resources located at the library to research information. Encyclopedias offered a wealth of information. Today, we rarely have to leave our home or work place to do research. At the touch of our fingertips, we have a lot of information about diverse topics of interest. The Internet has changed the way we learn in so many different ways. We have more resources than could be imagined at our disposal. Socialization, research, advanced degrees, and communication in general have been changed in a positive way. Networking has made it easier for us to learn, and it has provided us with more to learn.


Which digital tools best facilitate learning for you?


The online tool that would best facilitate learning for me has been the distance learning courses that I’ve taken at Walden University. I have had a great experience at Walden University. I have learned to use a variety of digital tools that enhance my learning experience. For example, the instructional design at Walden allows us to use email, chat, Skype, Google documents, discussion forums, wikis, and blogs.

 

How do you learn new knowledge when you have questions?

 

The instructors are eager to communicate and to clarify any instructions that are not precise. I learn new knowledge through collaboration with my instructor, learning communities, and colleagues through various technological tools. The search engine Google is my favorite, and it provides me with many answers about various questions.

1 comment:

  1. Yolandria,
    One thing I have noticed between reading your blog and another of my classmates blog was that you both mentioned resources on your networks. I am wondering why? Did I miss that part of the networking process? Can you explain how that fits into technology networking? I am just trying to understand because I feel like I am missing a lot of information.

    ReplyDelete